MRA has been engaged by the NSW EPA to survey, analyse and report on the costs of litter management across NSW. We are collecting data for the financial year 2014/15 and we are looking for stakeholders who would be interested in completing a short survey regarding their organisation’s litter management activities and costs.
The survey is a vital part of finding out how much litter costs the NSW community. It will feed directly into the development of a container deposit scheme, which the NSW Government has committed to introducing by July 2017.
We have prepared a short survey for each of the following stakeholder groups:
- State Government agencies;
- Community groups; and
- Private businesses.
The information we are looking to obtain includes:
- Labour costs;
- Volunteer hours;
- Expenses associated with litter management (e.g. infrastructure, gate fees etc);
- Litter funding (grants) and other revenues (fines);
- Amount of litter collected; and
- Assistance provided to other organisations to manage litter.
If you are interested in participating in this study please contact Roslyn Florie-George on 0447 803 955 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.