MRA Consulting Group (MRA) is recognised nationally as Australia’s leading boutique waste management consulting firm – specialising in all aspects of business and policy reform.
MRA was named Australia’s ‘Best Small Consultancy’ by Inside Waste readers in 2013, 2014 and 2015. This year, the recognition was extended to the following categories:
- Best overall consultant;
- Best in strategy and policy, planning and grants;
- Best in tender development and evaluation;
- Best in reporting and compliance;
- Best in community consultation; and
- Best in education and training.
MRA’s success has been built on the skills and experience of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, which includes engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on the largest and most innovative projects.
MRA has an established record working with public and private sector clients across Australia. MRA’s main office is based in Sydney with 35+ staff members working internationally. In 2014 MRA expanded operations with the opening of a new Melbourne office in the CBD. The office is central to the consolidation of MRA’s current activities in Victoria and the company’s national expansion. Based in the Sydney office with a full time position, the main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable and Receivable;
- Bank and Credit Card reconciliation;
- Debtor tracking and debt collection;
- Cash flow projections and cash flow management;
- Maintenance of the in-house accounting software (MYOB Live);
- EOM procedures/ P&L reporting;
- Management of insurances;
- Contract management for staff members; and
- Knowledge of office applications – particularly Excel and Word.
Method of working
You will be required to undertake this work by:
- Working directly with the General/Business Manager to complete the back off accounting processes;
- Liaising with clients and suppliers over the phone, face to face and via email;
- Attending the Sydney office in person daily;
- Collating quantitative information in excel documents; and
- Attending team meetings.
Our expectations of you
As an MRA team member you will be expected to:
- Have 3-6 years’ experience in Bookkeeping and/or Internal Accounting;
- Proficient in all the functionality of MYOB;
- Attend a weekly team staff meeting;
- Have a high level of written and verbal English communication;
- Have a high standard of professionalism;
- Have accurate and efficient documentation skills;
- Be conscientious and hardworking, with the ability to work towards strict deadlines;
- Attend the MRA office;
- Ensure you have the information you require to undertake any work given to you;
- Show a positive attitude to taking on work; and
- Be a self-starter and enthusiastic to learn.
The position will report to the Director and Business Manager of MRA.
Before applying for the position, please review the MRA website and blog. Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Roslyn Florie-George, MRA Business Manager on 0447 803 955.
Unsolicited CVs from recruiters will not be considered.