UPDATE: This position has now been filled. Thank you for your interest.
MRA Consulting Group (MRA) is recognised nationally as Australia’s leading boutique waste management consulting firm – specialising in all aspects of business and policy reform.
MRA was named Australia’s ‘Best Small Consultancy’ by Inside Waste readers in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. This year, the recognition was extended to the following categories:
- Best overall consultant;
- Best in strategy and policy, planning and grants;
- Best in tender development and evaluation;
- Best in reporting and compliance;
- Best in community consultation; and
- Best in education and training.
MRA’s success has been built on the skills and experience of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, which includes engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on the largest and most innovative projects.
MRA has an established record working with public and private sector clients across Australia. MRA’s main office is based in Sydney with more than 30+ staff members working internationally. In 2014 MRA expanded operations with the opening of a new Melbourne office in the CBD. The office is central to the consolidation of MRA’s current activities in Victoria and the company’s national expansion. Based in the Melbourne office with a full time position, the main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing tender specifications for waste collection and processing contracts (for both domestic and commercial services);
- Review of commercial waste contracts;
- Review tender submissions as part of tender review panels;
- Respond to tenders on behalf of clients; and
- Providing consulting assistance in the areas of policy, strategy and commercial negotiations on a project by project basis.
Method of working
You will be required to undertake this work by:
- Working directly with the Business Manager, Technical Director, Victorian Manager and Director of MRA to complete tasks on a project by project basis;
- Liaising with clients over the phone, face to face and via email;
- Attending the Melbourne office in person daily; and
- Attending team meetings.
Our expectations of you
As an MRA team member you will be expected to:
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team contributing to develop commercial specifications and documentation;
- Have two or more years’ experience in the waste industry and/or law;
- Have a high level of written and verbal English communication;
- Have a high standard of professionalism;
- Have accurate and efficient documentation skills;
- Be conscientious and hardworking, with the ability to work towards strict deadlines;
- Show a positive attitude to taking on work; and
- Be a self-starter and enthusiastic to learn.
Who would this role suit?
This role would suit someone with:
- An engineering degree;
- A planning degree; and/or
- A legal degree.
Rolling until we find the right person so apply now!
The position will report to the Business Manager of MRA.
Melbourne Office, VIC (full time).
$70,000 – $90,000 p.a. subject to experience.
Before applying for the position, please review the MRA website and blog. Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Roslyn Florie-George, MRA Business Manager on 0447 803 955.