UPDATE: This position has now been filled. Thank you for your interest.
MRA Consulting Group (MRA) is recognised nationally as Australia’s leading boutique waste management consulting firm – specialising in all aspects of business and policy reform.
MRA was named Australia’s ‘Best Small Consultancy’ by Inside Waste readers in 2013, 2014 2015 and 2016. This year, the recognition was extended to the following categories:
- Best overall consultant;
- Best in strategy and policy, planning and grants;
- Best in tender development and evaluation;
- Best in reporting and compliance;
- Best in community consultation; and
- Best in education and training.
MRA’s success has been built on the skills and experience of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, which includes engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on the largest and most innovative projects.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting project managers in:
- Research (eg. into legislation, technology types);
- Data collection;
- Data analysis; and
- Finalising reports.
- Perform interactive learning sessions with school pupils; and
- Provide tours of recycling facilities to groups of pupils or residents.
- Managing small projects under the direction of company director or a principal consultant.
- Assisting bid managers to compile bids and proposals for future work.
- Participating in waste audits:
- Working in the field under the supervision of the project manager or audit coordinator;
- Being available to work irregular hours where required on an occasional basis; and
- Ensuring the immunisations required to undertake this work (as advised) are up-to-date.
- Assisting the business manager with management tasks (such as contributing to project databases).
Method of working
You will be required to undertake this work through:
- Liaison with stakeholders either over the phone or face to face or via email;
- Summarising qualitative research in text documents;
- Collating quantitative research in excel documents;
- Active participation in waste audits; and
- Attending meetings.
Our expectations of you
As an MRA team member you will be expected to:
- Use your project work as an opportunity to develop a sound understanding of the waste industry (through background reading, reading current publications, attending relevant seminars etc. where advised);
- Advise one month in advance of your availability for work;
- Attend fortnightly team meetings;
- Ensure you have the information you require to undertake any work given to you and to inform the project manager or business director where you are unsure; and
- Show a positive attitude to taking on work, subject to your availability (and university commitments if relevant).
Key capacities and skills
- Bachelor of Engineering or Masters in Engineering, Bachelor of Science (Environmental Sciences) Masters of Science or Relevant degree in environmental science/management, engineering or planning;
- Interest in sustainability and waste management;
- Interest/experience in carbon modelling and landfill gas;
- Data analysis and modelling experience;
- Strong excel skills;
- Communication skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Financial expertise;
- Business case development;
- Previous work experience demonstrating experience in team work and project management;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Ability to think in an innovative manner (including business development); and
- Ability to work in a team.
Rolling until we find the right person so apply now!
The position will report to the Business Manager of MRA.
Sydney Office, NSW (full time).
$45,000 – $60,000 p.a. subject to experience.
Before applying for the position, please review the MRA website and blog. Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Roslyn Florie-George, MRA Business Manager on 0447 803 955.