MRA Consulting Group is one of the leading waste and resource recovery consultancies in Australia.
MRA was named Australia’s ‘Best Small Consultancy’ by Inside Waste readers in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. This year, the recognition was extended to the following categories:
- Best overall consultant;
- Best in strategy and policy, planning and grants;
- Best in tender development and evaluation;
- Best in reporting and compliance;
- Best in community consultation; and
- Best in education and training.
MRA’s success has been built on the skills and experience of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, which includes engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on the largest and most innovative projects.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Project management:
- Managing client relations;
- Delivering quality consulting projects – on time and budget;
- Research (legislation,technology etc.);
- Data analysis;
- Business case analysis; and
- Report writing including analysis, TBL, statistics.
- Compiling bids and proposals for future work; and
- Developing MRA’s networks.
Method of working
You will be required to undertake this work through:
- Liaison with stakeholders either over the phone, face to face or via email;
- Summarising qualitative research in text documents;
- Collating quantitative research in excel documents;
- Attending meetings; and
- Making presentations to clients.
Our expectations of you
As an MRA team member you will be expected to:
- Have 3-6 plus years experience in consulting and/or waste;
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget;
- Use your project work as an opportunity to develop a sound understanding of the waste industry (through background reading, reading current publications, and attending relevant seminars);
- Attend a fortnightly team meeting;
- Attend the MRA office (Sydney or Melbourne – depending on agreement);
- Ensure you have the information you require to undertake any work given to you;
- Show a positive attitude to taking on work;
- Be a self starter and enthusiastic to learn; and
- Be capable in Microsoft Excel.
Key capacities and skills
- Bachelor of Engineering or Masters in Engineering or relevant degree in environmental science/management, engineering or planning;
- Interest in sustainability and waste management;
- Interest/experience in carbon modelling and landfill gas;
- Data analysis and modelling experience;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- Communication skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Financial expertise;
- Business case development;
- Previous work experience demonstrating experience in team work and project management;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Ability to think in an innovative manner (including business development); and
- Ability to work in a team.
The position will report to the Managing Director of MRA.
Sydney Office, NSW (full time).
$120,000 – $150,000 p.a.
Before applying for the position, please review the MRA website and blog. Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role, please contact MRA on 02 8541 6169.