MRA Consulting Group is one of the leading waste and resource recovery consultancies in Australia.
MRA was named Australia’s ‘Best Small Consultancy’ by Inside Waste readers in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. This year, the recognition was extended to the following categories:
- Best overall consultant;
- Best in strategy and policy, planning and grants;
- Best in tender development and evaluation;
- Best in reporting and compliance;
- Best in community consultation; and
- Best in education and training.
MRA’s success has been built on the skills and experience of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, which includes engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on the largest and most innovative projects.
MRA is seeking to recruit graduate engineers that are either nearing completion of their studies or have recently graduated. MRA will engage current students on an hourly rate contract until they have graduated. The successful applicant will then start full time employment.
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting project managers in:
- Research (e.g. legislation, technology types);
- Business case development;
- Cost benefit analysis;
- Project finance;
- Data collection and Data analysis; and
- Report writing.
- Managing small projects under the direction of company director or a principal consultant;
- Assisting bid managers to compile tenders;
- Participating in waste audits; and
- Maintain project databases, technology reviews etc.
Method of working
You will be required to undertake this work through:
- Liaison with stakeholders;
- Summarising qualitative research in text documents;
- Collating quantitative research in excel documents;
- Active participation in waste audits; and
- Attending meetings.
Key capacities and skills
- Bachelor of Engineering or Masters in Engineering, Bachelor of Science (Environmental Sciences) Masters of Science;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and analytical skills;
- Distinction average or above;
- Interest in sustainability and waste management;
- Interest/experience in carbon modelling and landfill gas;
- Data analysis and modelling experience;
- Communication skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Understanding of project finance beneficial;
- Previous work experience demonstrating experience in team work; and
- Ability to think in an innovative manner.
The position will report to the Business Manager of MRA.
Sydney Office, NSW (full time or part-time while completing studies).
Up to $60,000 p.a. or equivalent to hourly rate for part-time work while studying.
Applications close Friday 26th May at 5.00pm.
Before applying for the position, please review the MRA website and blog. Please submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Kim Le, Administration Assistant, on 0404 753 465.