By Claire Mahendradatta, MRA Consulting Group
MRA is happy to announce that for a third round in a row, it has been awarded a Bin Trim grant by the NSW EPA.
In this, third round of Bin Trim, MRA secured the single largest grant between all 16 successful grantees. Our goal is to build upon our partnerships and networks to assist businesses across multiple industry sectors within the Sydney region to increase their recycling by 20%.
Bin Trim is a NSW EPA funded program that aims to assist NSW businesses to divert and avoid waste to landfill. The program is part of the $337 million Waste Less Recycle More (WLRM) 2017-21 Extension which is funded by the NSW landfill levy.
Bin Trim provides funding for trained waste assessors to conduct free visual waste assessments for small, medium, large enterprises (SMLE) and enter the businesses waste data into the online Bin Trim tool, which then generates a tailored Action Plan. The assessor provides support and advice to businesses to help them implement recommended actions to reduce waste, improve recycling and lower waste management bills.
Assessors also provide advice and assistance to those businesses they assess that may be eligible to apply for a small scale recycling equipment rebate.
MRA Bin Trim Assessors will provide:
- Free waste assessment to determine the amount of waste generated by the business;
- Tailored action plans that outline how businesses can divert particular waste streams, decrease contamination and improve recycling rates;
- Resources such as bin stickers to aid in identification;
- Additional advice and support on the importance of diverting waste from landfill and the associated environmental and economic benefits; and
- Rebate assistance in applying for Rebates through the Bin Trim Program, that will assist the business in improving recycling performance (up to $50,000 matched funding).
To date, MRA and its project partners have assisted in the delivery of over 6,000 Bin Trim Assessments across NSW, leading to the diversion of over 10,000 tonnes of waste from landfill.
MRA has a high success rate in applying for rebates for our clients through Bin Trim. Rebates are available from $1,000 – $50,000 in matched funding. Successful rebates have included assistance in the purchasing of new bins and infrastructure to improve recycling practices, leading to the diversion of recyclable material from landfill.
MRA has a high success rate in applying for rebates for our clients through Bin Trim.
MRA’s Bin Trim team looks forward to working with businesses located in the Sydney Metropolitan or Hunter areas. If you are interested in a Bin Trim assessment or finding out more about the program, please contact us at BinTrim@mraconsulting.com.au or on (02) 8541 6169.
As always, MRA welcomes your feedback on this, or any other topic on ‘The Tipping Point.’