UPDATE: This position has now been filled.
To support the growth of our Melbourne office, we are looking for candidates with a minimum of three years work experience, preferably in waste or with an environmental, economics, planning or engineering background.
What you can expect
MRA’s success has been built on the skills and experience of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, which includes engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on the largest and most innovative projects. You will join our dynamic team in Melbourne and have the opportunity to work on projects for the private and the government sectors in Victoria, Tasmania and around Australia.
Key capacities and skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Engineering, Bachelor of Science (Environmental Sciences), Master of Science or relevant degree in Environmental Science/Management, Engineering or Planning
- Skills and knowledge in sustainability and/or waste management
- Well-developed experience in one or more areas of waste management
- Demonstrated experience in project management and delivery
- Data analysis and modelling experience
- Exceptionally strong excel skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong experience demonstrating team work
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to work in an innovative manner
- Willingness to undertake business development activities
- Lead project activities including:
- Research (eg. into legislation, technology types)
- Data collection
- Data analysis
- Finalising reports
- Manage projects under the direction of MRA’s Victoria manager or a principal consultant
- Participate in project activities including but not limited to:
- Develop proposals
- Implement project activities
- Undertake business development tasks
Method of working
You will be required to undertake this work through:
- Liaison with stakeholders either over the phone or face to face or via email
- Summarising qualitative research in Microsoft Word documents
- Carrying out quantitative research in Microsoft Excel
- Active participation in project activities
- Attending meetings
Our expectations of you
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in consultancy or area of strength
- Have an above average knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Use your project work as an opportunity to develop a sound understanding of the waste industry (through background reading, reading current publications, attending relevant seminars etc. where advised)
- Attend fortnightly team meetings via teleconference
- Ensure you have the information you require to undertake any work given to you and to inform the project manager or Victoria Manager where you are unsure
- Show a positive attitude to taking on work, subject to your availability
- Show a positive attitude to taking on work
- Self-starter and enthusiastic to learn
Negotiable from $80k plus generous MRA bonuses.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and who wants to make a real difference improving resource efficiency and waste management systems.
For further information email David Cocks on firstname.lastname@example.org in Melbourne, or call our Sydney office on 02 8541 6169.