The National Government has recently opened the Manufacturing Modernisation Fund. The grants offer up to $1 million (minimum $50,000) across two grant submission streams to deliver modernised manufacturing projects.
These could apply to MRF and resource reprocessing facilities to facilitate technology upgrades, efficiency upgrades, energy or process optimisation or transformative changes that will contribute to the production of new products or diversify manufacturing markets.
Applications close 31 October 2019 at 5:00 pm AEDT
Details of the grant funding are summarised below:
|Eligible applicants||Project requirements||Funding per applicant|
|Entities incorporated in Australia and trading as a corporation.|
Small to medium enterprises (SMEs) in manufacturing (up to 199 employees).
Projects with clear job creation expectations.
– Commonwealth, state, territory or local government.
|Technology upgrades, efficiency upgrades, energy or process optimisation or transformative changes to businesses that will contribute to the production of new products or diversify market streams.|
Key program outcomes include:
– increased innovation and enhanced productivity in manufacturing operations
– increased job opportunities and upskilling in the manufacturing sector.
|Stream 1 (small grant): $50,000 to $100,000, 50% of eligible project costs|
Stream 2 (large grant): $100,000 to $1 million, 25% of eligible project costs
You cannot use funding from other Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government grants to fund your share of eligible project costs.
– buying, constructing, installing or commissioning of manufacturing plant, equipment or software
– relevant training and skills development to assist you to integrate the new technology into your business, including upskilling and accreditation in advanced processes.
– process design and engineering directly related to your capital investment
-fit-out, alterations and/or extensions to buildings directly related to your capital investment
– Other activities may also be approved, seek further clarification if project does not fall under any of the above described.
MRA has submitted more than 200 grant applications to date, winning more than $60m in funding for our clients.
We can provide a one-stop shop to maximise your chances of success and can assist by:
- Preparing grant proposals on your behalf;
- Reviewing grant proposals;
- Source equipment providers;
- Provide costings on infrastructure;
- Prepare the business case; and
- All of the necessary financial feasibility analysis requirements.