To manage and support our growing company, we are looking for a General Manager for our Sydney office.
Candidates should have more than 5 years’ work experience. Must have management experience preferably in waste or with an economics or engineering background.
What you can expect:
MRA’s success has been built on the skills and experience of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, which includes engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on key and innovative projects. You will join a dynamic team, working closely with our Managing Director and staff on projects for the private and the government sectors.
Key capacities and skills:
- Relevant degree in engineering, economics, management or planning.
- Higher degree considered positively
- 5 years management experience.
- Developed area of expertise in a related topic (waste, engineering, economics, finance, policy)
- Demonstrated strong business management capability
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Data analysis and modelling experience (excel skills)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Financial expertise
- Ability to think in an innovative manner (including business development)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
1/3 Business management:
- Budget control across projects across business units
- Financial reporting across projects across business units
- Resource allocation
- Staff support
1/3 Consulting “on the tools”
- Project management
- Delivering quality consulting projects – on time and budget
- Business case analysis
- Report writing including analysis
1/3 Business Development & Client liaison
- Actively seeking new business opportunities and grow MRA’s core business
- Promote MRA’s networks, media profile and reputation
Method of working
You will be required to undertake this work through:
- Business management tasks
- Maintain project budget and progress records
- Organise and conduct fortnightly business management meetings
- Liaise closely with staff on project progress and budgets, strategies to bring projects in on budget
- Liaise closely with accountant
- Communicate regularly with Director
- Project Management
- Liaison with stakeholders either over the phone or face to face or via email
- Summarising qualitative research in text documents
- Collating quantitative research in excel documents
- Attending meetings
- Making presentations to clients
As an MRA team member you will be expected to:
- Have 5 plus years’ experience in consulting and/or business management
- Manage and enforce budget-meeting expectations
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget
- Continue to develop your area of expertise
- Attend the MRA office (Sydney)
- Show a positive attitude to taking on work
- Be a self-starter
Salary negotiable from $170-240k plus super and generous MRA bonuses, depending upon experience.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and who wants to make a real difference improving resource efficiency and waste management systems.
Applicants must be a permanent resident or have visa status that permits work in Australia for a minimum of three years.
For further information and confidential discussion, email Doris McDonald-Seaton on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 02 8541 6169.