About the Role:
MRA is seeking an experienced environmental consultant to join the Sydney team. This position requires a level of confidence above the ordinary and a passion for making a difference to the way waste is managed in Australia.
What you can expect:
MRA’s success has been built on the skills and experience of a multidisciplinary team of professionals, which includes engineers, scientists, economists, planners, lawyers, social scientists and educators. The team shares a common focus, delivering quality project outcomes for our clients. This focus has meant that MRA maintains a position at the forefront of Australian waste and recycling management practices, working on key and innovative projects. You will join a dynamic team, working closely with our Managing Director and staff on projects for the private and the government sectors.
Key capacities and skills:
- Bachelors or Master in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Masters of Science or relevant degree in environmental science/management, engineering or planning
- Specialist skills and knowledge in sustainability and/or waste management
- Well-developed experience in one or more areas of waste management
- Demonstrated experience in project management and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to undertake business development activities
- Data analysis and modelling experience
- Strong excel skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong experience demonstrating teamwork
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to work in an innovative manner
The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead project activities:
- Client management
- Research (e.g. Into legislation, technology types)
- Data collection and analysis
- Finalising reports
- Managing projects under the direction of managing director or a principal consultant
- Assisting bid managers to compile bids and proposals for future work
- Participating in project activities including but not limited to:
- Working in the field
- Being available to work irregular hours where required on an occasional basis
- Perform interactive community activities
- Further develop expert skills in waste management
- Have over 4 years’ experience in consultancy or relevant area of strength
- Liaison with stakeholders (over the phone, face to face and via email)
- Take a lead role in projects activities
- Attend meetings
- Actively seek and follow up on opportunities
- To show a positive attitude to taking on work and advancing in the company
- Self-starter and enthusiastic to learn
Salary is negotiable and based on experience, but will commence from $90,000, plus super and generous MRA bonuses. The role is full time and based in our Sydney office, with occasional travel.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and who wants to make a real difference improving our resource efficiency and waste infrastructure.
Applicants must be a permanent resident or have visa status that permits work in Australia for a minimum of three years.
For further information and confidential discussion, email Doris McDonald-Seaton on email@example.com or call our office on 02 8541 6169.