About MRA Consulting Group:
MRA is one of Australia’s leading environmental consultancy firms, specialising in all aspects of business and policy reform. We are experts in waste, resource recovery and technology, climate change, carbon and sustainable development, and our vision of the future is one that is both environmentally sustainable and economically rational.
MRA has an established record working with public and private sector clients across Australia. MRA’s main office is based in Sydney, with additional offices in Melbourne and Albury. MRA has 35+ staff members made up of engineers, environmental scientist, planners, economists and lawyers. Our clients include Top 500 companies, major waste generators, waste and recycling companies, new technology providers and local, State and Federal governments. MRA was voted the Best Small Consultancy in Australia for the recycling and waste sector in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2020 by the readers on Inside Waste.
We have an opportunity for a highly experienced senior and/or principal consultant to join our waste strategy and commercial team in Sydney.
You will work closely with an established team, building on the existing experience of the team and bringing fresh knowledge and a new network of clients. You will utilise your strong commercial and business development skills to further grow and enhance the team.
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for leading, directing and managing project teams and will actively contribute to strategy and business development. You will often be acting as a technical lead on complex consultancy projects and proposals and will need to have the necessary skills, experience and aptitude to lead from the front and collaborate with a range of experts across the company and in partner organisations. We are looking for an individual who has strong technical capabilities and business development in the areas of waste strategy and advisory services. You will have a proven track record, strong market credentials and great customer and commercial skills. You will also have experience of working well in teams and be passionate about developing and mentoring junior team members.
Reporting to: Managing Director & Technical Director
Skills and Experience:
You should have the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years and extensive consultancy experience in waste and resource recovery
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent degree
- Strong expertise in one or more areas of waste management or sustainability
- Demonstrated experience in project management and delivery of complex projects
- Ability to work in an innovative manner
- Strong commercial and business development skills, coupled with a track record of identifying and securing new consultancy work, as well as supporting and leading complex proposals and consultancy projects.
- Strong communication skills, and experience of collaborating with diverse stakeholders / audiences and facilitating agreement between conflicting parties.
- Possesses a good network of contacts across NSW at management and/or operational level and ideally be recognised as an industry leader within your chosen technical area.
- You will have an established client base of national clients, with a specific focus on NSW.
- An ability to build relationships internally and externally.
- Be an effective and proactive business leader, capable of supporting and developing peers.
- Flexible approach, including willingness and ability to work on a wide range of topics.
- Data analysis and modelling experience
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent report writing skills
Our expectations of you:
As an MRA team member you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate capability for delivering quality projects on time and on budget
- Grow business in your field of expertise
- Attend the MRA office (Sydney or Melbourne – depending on agreement)
- Continue to develop area of expertise
- Expand knowledge of areas outside your expertise
This is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter and who wants to make a real difference improving our resource efficiency and waste infrastructure.
Applicants must be a permanent resident or have visa status that permits work in Australia for a minimum of three years.
For further information and confidential discussion, email Doris McDonald-Seaton on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 02 8541 6169.